Thursday, August 21, 2008

Memories and Rosebushes....

This poem was written as both a tribute to, and an act of release from Elaine Josephine Mansson, my fiance who passed away on 25th March, 1995. Her ashes rest under a rosebush on a hillside in her home town of Launceston, Tasmania. This piece was written during a flight over Bass Strait in 1996 as I prepared to say a final goodbye to my 'forever munchkin'.

Funny how a rosebush could mean so much
To me, who holds memories and other things such
On that green hill far away across waters blue
Where I fly away just to be with you

What will I find there? I don’t really know
All I really want to do is say hello
And goodbye too, for new horizons await
And staying with you will make me late

For my life,
I don’t want to be late…

1 comment:

kathy said...

hey colin its kathy
i've been reading ur blog here and there and wow you can write. not that i thought you couldn't but maybe its an exceeding of expectations. but i especially love your poetry...this is my favourite :)